Advanced Biological Mosquito Control
Mosquito BioControl is a biological control agent used for the control of mosquito larvae in water. This product is comprised of live Entomopathogenic Nematodes, parasitic microorganisms, that kill mosquito larvae within 48 hours. They are very efficient at eradicating mosquitoes in highly infested areas and can applied using an aerial sprayer.
MODE OF ACTION
Mosquito BioControl uses nematode juveniles to seek out mosquito larvae and initiate infections. As soon as a host has been located, the nematodes penetrate the larvaes body cavity, usually via natural body openings or areas of thin cuticle. Inside the body cavity, infective juveniles release symbiotic bacteria from their gut into the insects blood. In the blood, multiplying nematode-bacterium cause septicemia and kill their insect hosts usually within 48 hours after infection. The nematodes feed on the multiplying bacteria, mature into adults, reproduce and then emerge as infective juveniles from the host cadaver to seek new larvae in their environment. Most biological pesticides require days or weeks to kill, yet these symbiotic bacteria can kill insect larvae within 48 hours.
Mosquito BioControl can be applied to any standing or stagnant water. Water plants thoroughly, spray Mosquito BioControl onto leaves and roots, and then cover all parts of the plant. Apply in stagnant water or any standing water that may be used as a breeding ground for mosquitos. May be applied through aerial spraying, spot treatment with machinery, or application by hand.
Mosquitoes are small Culicidae insects and are considered dangerous carriers of diseases. They feed on nectar and plant juices, but they are also well known as parasites, sucking animal blood to obtain proteins that allow females to lay eggs. Some species of mosquito larvae feed on roots and lower tissue parts of plants. Larvae tend to pass unobserved, but they can provoke yellowing in leaves and restrain plant growth. They also will seek out and attack Midge Larvae.
SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL INFO
Entomopathogenic nematodes and their symbiotic bacterium are exceptionally safe biological control agents. These nematodes and their associated bacteria are harmless (non-toxic) to mammals and plants. They do not pollute water or soil. Contact with eyes may cause mild irritation. Appropriate land management practices should be used at all times with any pesticide; this material should be prevented from entering public or private water supplies (including wells) and any lake, stream, or river. Unlike problems with other pesticides, such as waste, ground water contamination, chemical carryover, and compromised pollinators, Mosquito BioControl is not a concern in these areas. Phytotoxicity on plants is low, but avoid treating stressed plants with Mosquito BioControl.
This is a liquid application so there is no floating granules or disk that can be picked up and eaten or removed by animals or even children.