Many people thought that the push towards eating only organic vegetables and fruit would be only a trend. Time has proven, however, that this clearly isn’t the case. From advocacy projects to support groups to a wide range of campaign pushes, organic farmers are now having the last laugh as people are flocking to the organic sections of the produce stand. While once drastically more expensive, the costs between organic products and non-organic products are slowly coming closer together. Now that the “trend” is here to stay, it’s time to think about the reasons behind the organic era and why it makes sense.
The following are some of the most notable reasons why organic food is worth the effort and the cost:
- No government subsidies are given to organic famers
- Chemicals are terrible for your health
- Organic foods reduce the amount of fossil fuel emissions
- Farm families benefit greatly from organic food purchases
- Organic soil is far more absorbent than non-organic, helping to prevent droughts
- Play a role in the improvement of the general environment
- Reduce your carbon footprint
- Organic good tastes better
The reasons for eating organic foods are endless. For those of you on the fence about whether to consume organic foods or not, ask yourself some important questions. Do I want my children to eat the healthiest food possible? Should I be putting chemicals into my body and the body of my family members? Am I doing my part to make the world healthier by reducing my carbon footprint?
The answers to these questions all point in the same direction. Organic food is not only good for you, it is good for the world as a whole. What are you waiting for? Head to the organic section of the supermarket today.